Scholastic Literacy Pro is an online reading assessment program designed to assess readers, inform teachers and students, and develop reading success.
The Literacy Pro program benefits student’s independent reading by:
- SUPPORTING children in choosing the right books from the library
- MATCHING them with ‘good fit’ books
- MONITORING their independent reading progress and comprehension
- MEASURING their success compared to normal for their year level
- MOTIVATING them to read more
Literacy Pro has an online engagement with over 10,000 lexiled books, and new books are being added regularly.
How Lexile Levelling Works
Lexile measures are the global standard in measuring reading level and text difficulty and are accurate for all ages based on over 30 years of research.
Educators and students use Lexile score to select books at a level that will challenge students – not so difficult as to be frustrating, but difficult enough to encourage reading development.
How Lexile Levelling Measures Students
LitPro Tests and LitPro Quizzes
Teachers administer the LitPro test to students in class, to assess their independent comprehension level. Students receive a Lexile measure when they complete a LitPro test. They then read books that interest them in their reading range and take LitPro quizzes after reading a book.
Data and Reports for Teachers
Over time data accumulates as students take LitPro tests and complete quizzes. Our teachers use the reports from Literacy Pro to track students’ participation, proficiency, comprehension and growth.
Literacy Pro Login Information
Students can access Literacy Pro as follows:
- Click here for Scholastic Learning Zone
- Select the country: Australia
- Enter Org ID: 5QT4 (allows access to Kalamunda Christian School’s Lit Pro)
- Enter Username: A shortened version of the child’s name (students have been supplied with this in class)
- Enter Password: kalamunda1