Hygiene and Cleaning
Kalamunda Christian School continues to take a proactive approach to the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 through a range of measures including educating and emphasizing good personal hygiene practices, with the health and well-being of each member of our community remaining the overriding priority.
A number of precautions are in place to ensure that student and staff health is not compromised at this time.
- Regular hand washing throughout the day
- Hand sanitiser reminders
- Explicit teaching of techniques for safe coughing and sneezing
- Regular cleaning throughout the day of high touch surfaces with disinfectant, e.g. door handles, bench tops, light switches, desks etc
- Bathroom taps, faucets, basins, flushing mechanisms disinfected after each recess and lunch
- Spacing of students as far apart as practical within classrooms
- Spraying soft furnishings and mats with disinfectant at the end of each day
- No sharing of food or drinks
- Playgrounds sprayed with disinfectant after each lunch break
- No mixing of classes unless appropriate distancing can be ensured, e.g. Year 1 and 2 choir will sing together in the gym
- Students remain at their own desks
- No drinking from water fountains – bottle filling only at fountains
We trust you understand that staff and students who are unwell, will be sent home. This is done with the best intentions to ensure minimal risk to our community.
- WA Health Department:
- WA Government:
- WHO Mythbusters
- Australian Health Protection Principal Committee