Saints Basketball 2019
Basketball is a great way to get fit, have fun with friends and learn teamwork along with the skills associated with the sport.
This is made possible by the number of parents who volunteer to help coach teams. Without their commitment, dedication, passion and willingness to do so, we wouldn’t be in the position to successfully run the various sports for our students.
We place an emphasis on physical fitness and sportsmanship and intend the activities to be for enjoyment and healthy competition. The essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles:
- caring, and
- good citizenship
By registering for KC Saints sport, parents and players agree to support the Kalamunda Christian School Code of Conduct:
1. Cooperate with your coach and other players.
2. Play by the rules.
3. Do not argue with your coach or referee.
4. Be a good sport. Applaud all good players – whether they are your team mates or opponents.
5. Respect others.
6. Control your temper.
7. Wear the club uniform with pride.
8. Work hard for both yourself and your team.
9. Cooperate with your coach, team mates and opponents.
10. Be a responsible team member:
a. Be on time.
b. Encourage and help all players.
c. Attend all training sessions.
1. Show appreciation for volunteer coaches and officials. They give up their time and resources to provide sporting opportunities for your child.
2. Encourage children to play according to the rules.
3. Accept the referee’s decision as being fair and called to the best of their ability.
4. A child learns by example; applaud good play. This creates a positive and supportive climate for all children.
5. Set a good example by your own conduct. Accept loss graciously and applaud the efforts of all playing the game.
6. Be courteous to coaches, officials and administrators at all times.
7. Recognise your child’s efforts and performance – not whether they win or lose.
8. Encourage children to participate for their interest, not yours.
Boys and girls from Years 3 - 6 are welcome to play.
This year the Year 5 and 6 boys teams have their games on Wednesdays. All other teams will play on Monday afternoons at either 4:30pm, 5:20pm or 6:10pm at Ray Owen Sports Centre. The KDBA schedules the fixtures and posts them online.
Each team will decide when it best suits them to train. Training will either take place at school during the week or at Ray Owen Sports centre before games.
Please refer to your coach for your training time.
Season 2 commences from 22 July. The dates for the finals series for eligible teams is from 18 November to 5 December.
Note that there
will be general byes during the school holidays.
What to Bring:
A basketball uniform will be provided at the start of the season. Bring a drink bottle to every training and game.
Registration for the season will cost $95 per child. Game fees are $6 per player.
Please note that the basketball association advised us in January that in addition to the above fees, there will be a new annual insurance charge per player of $30. This is a Basketball WA Player Affiliation Fee and is charged only once per year.
Season fees are payable to Kalamunda Christian School. Game fees are payable at Ray Owen Sports Centre at each game.
By registering for KC Saints sport, parents and players agree
to support the Kalamunda Christian School Code of Conduct.
Parent help is an essential part of KC Saints Basketball. Our teams are coached and organised with the help of our parents. Please note that we will only be able to put forward teams that have parent coaches available and that have the minimum number of students registered. Parent help for scoring at the games will also be needed.
If you have any questions please contact Nola Jones at email@example.com.