KC Saints Swim Squad
At Kalamunda Christian School we focus on excellence and our swimming program is no different.
Who teaches KC Saints Squad?
We are privileged to have qualified swimming instructors who volunteer their time to teach our children to master the skill of swimming. Their passion, experience and commitment is evident in all that they do.
A very big thank you to Clare Henry for heading up our swim school and also to our other volunteers for their time and dedication to swimming.
Who can join?
Squad swimming will be held in Term 1 2021, for children from Stage 6 and above.
We are also investigating options to offer an in-term swimming program that will include the younger year groups at some point in 2021. Details will be forthcoming once we know more about this.
Please note that squad is for swimmers looking to improve their stamina and technique. The teachers will be instructing the squad from the pool side and not from in the water.
Important: In order to register it is important that swimmers meet the following criteria: Ability to swim minimum of 25m freestyle, 25m backstroke and 25m breaststroke (technique does not have to be perfect, but the swimmer should have a pretty good idea of how to do the three strokes). Parent Lounge registrations will be open to students from Years 2 - 6 who can meet the above criteria.
What makes our swimming program so unique?
“The focus of the program is to take the children from their current ability and level of skill and ensure they develop their skills, not as a group but as individuals at their own pace.” Clare Henry (swimming coach)
Because we swim weekly the skills are retained. The swimmers build up confidence, strength and technique (muscle memory) becomes more automatic as they practice regularly.
How are the groups allocated?
Our groups are split according to ability like any other swim squad, but what makes us unique is our ability to take things slower and focus on teaching each child the foundations of great swimming.
What do we teach?
The focus for squad swimming is a good streamline body position, proficient kick, increased speed and building stamina in fun and dynamic ways (and a few old fashion drills). Children are encouraged to give their best performance.
Our swimming teachers believe that swimming is a skill for life and take this opportunity seriously to impart their passion and love for swimming. Squad swimming provides stroke guidance and correction from the side of the pool.
Register in Parent Lounge
By registering for KC Saints sport, parents and players agree to support the Kalamunda Christian School Code of Conduct.
Registrations are now taken through Parent Lounge.
- Term 1 registrations will automatically close after Wednesday 27 January.
- We can take a maximum capacity of 30 students - if the maximum number is reached the system will automatically close. We are aiming for a minimum enrolment of 20 students.
Click Here for instructions on how to register.
When and where do we swim?
Our venue for KC Saints Swim Squad is Maida Vale heated swimming pool, 221 Gooseberry Hill Rd, Maida Vale.
Fridays – Term 1 2021
7:00am – 7:45am
Start date for Term 1: 29 January 2021
What is the cost?
The cost for Term 1 will be $60 per child for the term. Please note that parent’s fee accounts will be charged based on your registration, and the cost is a commitment for the whole term, regardless of the number of sessions attended.
What should I wear?
- Swimmers wear navy blue bathers. Kalamunda Christian School bathers are available from the uniform shop for both boys and girls.
- All swimmers must have their own pair of goggles.
- Any swimmers with hair longer than their ear lobes must have their hair tied up and placed in a swimming cap.
What do I bring?
- Children must bring a water bottle and take it to the pool deck.
- Students change into their normal school uniform after swimming.
- Breakfast is provided back at school in the art room.
Squad member expectations
- We expect all children to show appropriate respect for their coaches and instructors.
- We ask that all children give their best effort, regardless of their accomplishment.
- We expect all of our swimmers to be encouraging and courteous to other students.